We are an integrated design + technology studio.
We’re united by our love of technology and its potential for making lives better. Some of us are big picture thinkers, some of us creatively driven. And some of us love nothing more than deep diving into a thorny technical challenge. But we’re all human, inspired by human stories and driven by a desire to create human-centred experiences.
Love making things for people to enjoy? Join the team designing the technology that matters.
About the role:
You’ll be working on a cutting edge innovation stream of work that links up computer vision based technology and potentially other sensors with an amazingly fun and innovative application!
- You will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying computer vision based systems that are either cloud based or embedded. Experience using various cloud vendors for large scale projects will come in handy. Similarly, inference on the edge is sometimes critical and thus, knowing how to optimise for specific hardware will be important.
- Understanding the customer need and application to be able to analyse testing and validation results, as well as reporting these metrics in a meaningful way.
- Collaborating and working closely with the rest of the team, especially the junior developers to knowledge share and help with up-skilling.
- Proactively communicating progress during meetings, raising issues when appropriate and thoroughly documenting the approach taken along with results at every step of the project.
- Highly motivated and interested in staying up to date with the latest research in the field, attending meetups and conferences and sharing learnings and best practices with the rest of the team.
- Must be either:
- A recent graduate with a Masters degree/PhD in Engineering or Computer Science OR
- Set to graduate with a Masters degree/PhD in Engineering or Computer Science in 2022
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong demonstrated skills in architecture of backend applications, ability to get involved in backend development from scratch enforcing best practice.
- 3+ years experience in C++/Python, OpenCV and/or MATLAB
- You dig agile development and can show your experience with the whole software dev life-cycle. You’re a start-to-finish kinda kid.
- Experience with DL/ML cloud platforms Microsoft Azure, AWS, Tensorflow.
- You need a reasonable opinion around here so you can share recommendations and alternatives objectively. Plus, it helps when deciding where to go for lunch.
- You’re effective by nature - you like to move fast, you like prototyping, and you love validating and being thorough in all aspects of your day-to-day job.
- Ability to understand, implement and critique the latest research as well as a passion for staying on top of cutting edge innovations in the world of tech.
- Demonstrated experience in vision systems, ability to analyse tradeoffs, regression test a model against another and interpret results.
- Documentation and communication (in-person, email, slack, carrier pigeon if need be) doesn’t scare you.
What matters to us?
Put people first - It's about the people, not the tech.
Push the boundaries - Who wants to do what's been done already?
Play the long game - We create sustainable solutions, not quick fixes.
Say it like it is - Life's too short for miscommunication.
Live for the RUSH - Nothing's more exciting than the rush of doing and discovering.
What matters to us?
Put simply, our office culture is awesome!
We have a start-up buzz with lots of social events, we have cake days, fruit days, lunch put-on frequently - we have a lot of fun together. We also invest in your ongoing training and development with regular goal-setting, group training, lunch and learns and personalised development plans.
If you've read this far, you're probably interested in the job. If you meet the criteria and want to supercharge your career - apply today! We want to meet you :)