We are an integrated design + technology studio.
We’re united by our love of technology and its potential for making lives better. Some of us are big picture thinkers, some of us creatively driven. And some of us love nothing more than deep diving into a thorny technical challenge. But we’re all human, inspired by human stories and driven by a desire to create human-centred experiences.
Love making things for people to enjoy? Join the team designing the technology that matters.
About the role:
As our new and shiny Digital Product Designer at RUSH - you’ll have the opportunity to utilise your full range of design skills to create innovative customer experiences for our clients... being involved in all stages of the product development process from problem definition and ideation, iterating on the user experience and user interface, right through to product launch and ongoing optimisation.
On the daily, that will involve:
- Interrogating briefs to clarify the customer problem to be solved and elicit the information required in order to develop design solutions effectively
- Exploring and communicating concepts for digital products through design artefacts like sketches, information architecture, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and presentations
- Validating and refining design concepts with techniques such as concept testing and heuristic analysis
- Executing proficiently in modern digital product design and user testing tools such as Figma, InVision, Lookback and Optimal Workshop
- Engaging with client stakeholders and your squad to ensure your proposed design delivers on business objectives within the technical constraints in addition to end user needs.
- Facilitating and participating in workshops and discussions to generate, communicate and refine design concepts
- Participating in lean design research, conducting usability testing, user surveys and reviewing behavioural analytics for insight
- Collaborating closely with the Product Owner, Engineers and Testers in your agile squad to bring designs to life, overcoming challenges, making pragmatic tradeoffs and removing blockers
- Treating client’s brands with respect, translating and evolving them into digital where required
- Crafting and maintaining design principles and design systems to deliver cohesive user experiences and beautiful user interfaces efficiently at scale
You'll ideally be super passionate about all things design with people skills to boot, and have as much of the following as possible:
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals and the application of them
- Deeply passionate and insatiably curious about design, technology and people.
- Open and excited by new ideas, critical feedback and direction
- Pragmatic in making design tradeoffs to deliver products that satisfy user and business needs within technical constraints
- Organised in how they approach their work and manage their time
- Excited to collaborate with other team members and disciplines
- Proactively seeks to improve themselves, others, the work and the studio
- Challenges the status quo
What matters to us?
Put people first - It's about the people, not the tech.
Push the boundaries - Who wants to do what's been done already?
Play the long game - We create sustainable solutions, not quick fixes.
Say it like it is - Life's too short for miscommunication.
Live for the RUSH - Nothing's more exciting than the rush of doing and discovering.
Put simply, our office culture is awesome!
We have a start-up buzz with lots of social events, we have cake days, fruit days, lunch put-on frequently - we have a lot of fun together. We also invest in your ongoing training and development with regular goal-setting, group training, lunch and learns and personalised development plans.
If you've read this far, you're probably interested in the job. If you meet the criteria and want to supercharge your career - apply today! We want to meet you :)